Islay Pony Trekking is a small family run Pony Trekking establishment situated on Sanaigmore Farm on the North West of Islay.
We have ponies to suit all abilities of riders.
Sanaigmore is a working farm where you can enjoy beautiful scenery and wildlife. On clear days the islands of Oronsay, Colonsay, Mull, Skye and Jura can all be seen.
What we offer:
- Pony Rides: for smaller children or people who would like a shorter ride. You may be led by an instructor and will be on a pony for 20 minutes.
- 30 Minute Ride: this ride takes a circular route past the Loch and through the fields.
- 1 Hour Ride: on this ride you will ride through fields and along the coast.
- Own a Pony Day: you will spend the day helping with the ponies (grooming, bathing etc.) and will enjoy a minimum of 2 hours riding.
Opening Hours and Ride List 2018
Our opening hours for this season, which will run from the 3rd of July are as follows:
- Monday to Friday 1pm to 6pm
- Saturday Local Pony Club. Rides may be available upon request
- Sunday closed
- Ride List, available Mon-Fri: 1.30pm – 1 hr ride. 2.45pm – 1⁄2 hr ride. 3.20pm – 20 min pony ride. 3.45pm – 1 hr ride. 5.00pm – 1⁄2 hr ride
Own a Pony Day
- 1.30 – 5.30: aged 7+ only, and must have some riding experience (be able to ride by yourself independently)
Other relevant info
- For the 1hr ride and the 30-minute rides, you must be 7+ and be able to ride by yourself independently.
- For the pony ride you must be at least 4 years old. We will walk with you, providing you the option of being led on the lead rein.
- Experienced rides may be available upon request.
- All rides are subject to weather and ground conditions.
- Booking is advisable, and it should be noted that rides will only be going out at the specific times listed above. Please arrive for your ride 5 minutes before the listed time in order for sufficient paperwork to be completed.