Islay Pony Trekking is a small family run Pony Trekking establishment situated on Sanaigmore Farm on the North West of Islay.
We have ponies to suit all abilities of riders.
Sanaigmore is a working farm where you can enjoy beautiful scenery and wildlife. On clear days the islands of Oronsay, Colonsay, Mull, Skye and Jura can all be seen.
What we offer:
- Pony Rides: for smaller children or people who would like a shorter ride. You may be led by an instructor and will be on a pony for 20 minutes.
- 30 Minute Ride: this ride takes a circular route past the Loch and through the fields.
- 1 Hour Ride: on this ride you will ride through fields and along the coast.
- Own a Pony Day: you will spend the day helping with the ponies (grooming, bathing etc.) and will enjoy a minimum of 2 hours riding.
Opening Days/Times 2017
- Sunday 9th April – Sunday 23th April – 12.00-5.00pm
- Monday 8th May – Tuesday 20th June – 9.30am-5.00pm.
- Monday 26th June – Tuesday 4th July – 12.00-5.00pm.
- Wednesday 5th July – Sunday 3rd Sept – 9.30am-5.00pm.
* All rides are subject to weather conditions
* Please note ALL Sunday opening times are 11.00am – 5.00 pm.